The Garmin Forerunner 255S is an advanced GPS smartwatch to go beyond training with its multiple features and tracking. Get the training and recovery information you need to achieve your best time. Get a summary of your sleep, HRV status and daily training with the morning report. Push your limits with a built-in triathlon function and over 30 activity profiles. Plan your strategy with suggested daily workouts, course details and more in the race widget. Use a full set of advanced metrics and training tools to reach your goals. The Forerunner 255 has a battery life of up to 12 days in smartwatch mode and up to 26 hours in GPS mode. You can also pay directly from your watch thanks to Garmin Pay.
– Garmin Forerunner 255S
– Charging/data cable
– PREPARED FOR LONG RUNS
Get an idea of your health and night’s sleep every day with up to 12 days of battery life in smartwatch mode and up to 26 hours in GPS mode.
– (ALMOST) AS LIGHT AS A FEATHER
With its sleek design and 49g weight, you’ll almost forget you’re wearing your Forerunner 255, even while you sleep.
With easy-to-use buttons, a silicone band and durable Corning Gorilla Glass 3, this watch is ready for you to get the most out of it.
– MORNING REPORT
Receive a summary of your sleep as soon as you wake up, along with VFC status and time. You can even customise the report to show you what you want to see.
– VFC STATUS
Get a clearer picture of your overall health, training and recovery through heart rate variability while you sleep, based on technology developed by our Firstbeat Analytics team.
– INTEGRATED SPORTS APPLICATIONS
Access over 30 integrated activities, including triathlon and open water swim profiles, new to the Forerunner 255 series. In your running sessions and competitions, you can move on to the next activity at the touch of a button.
– RACE WIDGET
Get ready for your next run with training tips, personalised daily training session suggestions and finish time predictions based on ride, weather and performance details.
– RECOMMENDED DAILY TRAINING SESSIONS
See all recommended daily training sessions for the week, which are adapted after each run to suit your performance and recovery, as well as upcoming races on the Garmin Connect smartphone app calendar.
– GARMIN COACH
Free, adaptable training plans include 5K, 10K and half marathon programmes, with guidance from expert coaches that are tailored to you and your goals.
– POWER IN THE RACE
When you use a Running Dynamics Pod or HRM-Pro heart rate monitor, you get a continuous wrist-based measurement of your running stride power during your run, so you can measure your effort.
– RECOVERY TIME
Find out how long it will take you to recover before your next high-intensity workout based on your most recent training session, as well as general stress, sleep and daily activities outside of training sessions.
– PACEPRO FUNCTION
To help you plan your race day strategy, this feature provides GPS-based pace guidance for a course or distance. In this way, you can adapt your efforts to what lies ahead.
– TRAINING STATUS
With new metrics like HRV status, recent workout history and performance, you can easily see your overall effort and whether you’re training productively, reaching peak fitness or overloaded.
– ACUTE LOAD
View your training history and compare the intensity of your recent training sessions with the optimal interval to improve your fitness.
– TRAINING EFFECT
See how your training sessions influence endurance, speed and power with aerobic and anaerobic data from Training Effect.
– PERFORMANCE CAPABILITY
As you run, it will analyse your pace and heart rate to get a real-time assessment of your current performance capability.
– RACE DYNAMICS
When you use a Running Dynamics Pod or HRM-Pro monitor, your Forerunner 255 watch calculates running metrics such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time, balance and more, while comparing them to other users on the Garmin Connect app.
Create or search for existing routes using the Garmin Connect app and discover new and exciting rides. Or plan them on other platforms, such as Strava and Komoot, and sync them automatically to your Forerunner device.
– RACE FORECAST
Based on your running history and general fitness, it gives you an estimate of your pace for a 5km, 10km or even a marathon. In addition, trend data highlights the impact of your training sessions over time.
– CROSS TRAINING
Combine your workouts with different types of training sessions. Free HIIT, strength, yoga and Pilates workouts are preloaded on the watch, but you can download more from the Garmin Connect app.
– HEART RATE SENSOR ON THE WRIST
The watch measures your heart rate constantly with our state-of-the-art heart rate sensor, which alerts you if your heart rate remains too high or too low while at rest. It also helps to measure the intensity of your effort during activities, even while swimming.
– BODY BATTERY ENERGY MONITOR
Monitor your body’s energy levels so you know when the best times for activity or rest are.
– SLEEP RATING AND ADVANCED SLEEP MONITORING
Get a sleep quality score and information on how you can improve your sleep. You can even track the different phases of sleep, as well as heart rate, stress, pulse oximetry and respiration.
– PULSE OXIMETER
The wrist-based pulse oximeter monitors blood oxygen saturation levels to provide advanced sleep and altitude acclimatization monitoring.
– MENSTRUAL CYCLE TRACKER
Use the Garmin Connect app to track your menstrual cycle or pregnancy. Track symptoms, access exercise and nutrition tips, and more. You can even check and record the details on your wrist with the women’s health tracking app.
– MINUTES OF INTENSITY
Our intensity minutes feature tells you what time of day you earn them and during what activity.
– STRESS MANAGEMENT
Check if the day is being calm, balanced or stressful. Relaxation reminders will even encourage you to do a short breath control activity if the watch senses you’re having a stressful day.
– HEALTH SNAPSHOT FUNCTION
Record a two-minute session for key statistics such as heart rate, heart rate variability, pulse oximetry, respiration and stress. It then generates a report with those stats to share via the Garmin Connect app on your compatible smartphone.
– MULTI-BAND GNSS SUPPORT
Access multiple global navigation satellite systems and multiple frequencies sent by navigation satellites to improve position accuracy in areas where GNSS signals are reflected, weak or normally do not penetrate, giving you superior accuracy in distance and speed, even in challenging environments.
– CONTACTLESS PAYMENTS WITH GARMIN PAY
Checkout hassle-free with Garmin Pay contactless payments through participating providers.
– SMART NOTIFICATIONS
Receive emails, text messages and alerts directly on the watch when paired with an Apple or Android smartphone. You can also reply to text messages if you have an Android phone.
– SECURITY AND MONITORING FUNCTIONS
If you fear for your safety or see signs of an accident, the assistance and incident detection functions will send your location to your emergency contacts. Incident detection is enabled by default only for selected activity profiles.
– LIVETRACK FUNCTION
Use LiveTrack to let your friends and family follow your location in real time and even see your entire pre-planned route. Be secure in the knowledge that your loved ones know exactly where you are.
– GARMIN CONNECT APPLICATION
View your health and fitness information, connect and compete with friends, join challenges to win medals and much more, all in one free app.
– CONNECT IQ STORE
Download custom watch faces, add data fields and get apps and widgets from the Connect IQ app downloaded to your compatible smartphone.
Physical and performance specifications:
– Lens Material: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
– Bezel and back cover material: Fibre-reinforced polymer
– Shell material: Fibre-reinforced polymer
– Screen size: 1.1″/27.5 mm (218 x 218 pixels), Sunlight Visible, Transflective Pixel Memory (MIP), colour
– Shell Size: 41 x 41 x 12.4 mm
– Fits wrists of 110-175 mm circumference
– Strap material: Silicone
– Weight: 39 g
– Battery type: Internal rechargeable lithium-ion
– Battery life: Smartwatch, up to 12 days; GNSS mode GPS only, up to 26 hours; GNSS mode (all systems), up to 20 hours; GNSS mode (all systems) and multi-band, up to 13 hours
– Water resistance: 5 ATM
– Connectivity with wireless technologies: Bluetooth, ANT+
– Internal memory: 4GB
– GPS-based distance, time and pace
– GPS speed and distance
– Point-to-point navigation
– Galileo Navigator
– Clock functions: Date and time, stopwatch, alarm clock, sunset/sunrise time, time synchronisation with GPS, automatic daylight saving time
– Pre-installed swim profiles: Swimming in pool, Open water swimming
– Running profiles available: Running, outdoor trail running, treadmill running, indoor trail running, trail running, virtual running, ultra marathon
– Available race profiles: Cycling, indoor cycling, mountain biking, electric cycling, electric mountain biking
– Fitness profiles available: Strength training, HIIT, cardio, elliptical trainer, stair climbing, floor climbing, indoor rowing, pilates, yoga
– Outdoor profiles available: Hiking, skiing, snowboarding, classic cross-country skiing, paddle surfing, rowing
– Blood oxygen saturation using pulse oximeter
– Calories burned
– Step counter
– Total ascent/descent
– Multi-frequency positioning
– Touchscreen and/or button lock
– Share live events (Android devices only)
– Sleep monitoring
– Clock with customisable low-power setting for energy savings
– Critical speed for swimming
– Training intensity focus
– Compatible with Varia Vision (head-mounted display)
– Heart Rate Alerts
– Training Effect (aerobic and anaerobic)
– Abnormal heart rate alerts (high and low)
– Vertical speed
– Lactate threshold (only with compatible accessory)
– Customizable data pages
– Configurable lap alerts
– Accident detection during selected activities
– TrueUp for physiological data
– Customisable alerts
– Back to start
– Oscillation and vertical ratio
– Move bar
– UltraTrac mode
– VO2 max (in trail running)
– Acclimatization by pulse oximeter
– Breathing timer for relaxation
– % max HR
– Rest timers
– Wrist heart rate sensor (constant, every second)
– Find my phone
– Advanced workouts
– Customisable activity profiles
– Connect IQ
– HRV Status
– Yoga exercises
– Barometric trend indicator
– Automatic rep counting
– Calories by heart rate
– Fitness Age
– Music control
– Garmin Pay